Get your inspiration from different medias
When designing clothes you may come to a point where you find yourself following patters and are in need of some fresh inspiration, we recommend you step away from clothes temporarily to do so. Below are a few ways that many famous clothes designers find inspiration through different methods of expressing design.
- Make a tile to match any colour, pattern or design you want
- Reproduce an existing tile
- Work on restoration projects
- Design a tile scheme for your studio
- Make tile picture panels and murals that represent your style
- Work with designers within this industry
There is a huge number of free design tools and software applicaitons online that will allow you to expand your design knowledge. Have a play around with these options and get some fresh inspiration.
- Design a poster for your studio using CAD
- Surround yourself by everyday items that are covered in intricate designs
- Mindmap ideas for your own clothing website
- Take a short course in 3D design
When working within architecture it can teach you a number of skills but most interestingly, it can teach you to work around obstacles and work for a specific purpose.
- Maximise the use of passive solar energy in the building form
- Maximise natural ventilation in the building form
- Achieve high air tightness standard
- Carry out calculations to determine daylight levels, solar gain, infiltration ventilation rates and peak temperatures